The Micallef T(h)rea(d)

If it's not related to The D-Gen or any of the other threads, post it on here!

Moderator: ShitScared

hegartez
Commercial Crimestopper

Post by hegartez »

Damn- that's so annoying- will look through my messy collection of downloads & fill in the gaps- I noticed they'd come to an end- was that last one you upped the end of the show or just the end of your collection? It was an unusual mix of talent but worked well- I can't believe the term "audient" hasn't made it into the dictionary yet!

YMV wrote:Hello folks, it's been a while. What's bugging my bear is that someone decided to tweet the location of the Vega breakfast archive. It appears one file is already blocked. So grab them whilst you can, & if I end up in chokey, send me a file with a cake in it! http://www.mediafire.com/?hpur673c5d7qz
YMV
Champagne Comedian

Post by YMV »

hegartez wrote:I can't believe the term "audient" hasn't made it into the dictionary yet!
Funnily enough I tweeted a UK comedian about that: appears another comedian used it to her, he was in Melbourne in 2005. Coincidence?!

It's by no means the end of the archive, there's up to 2007 to go! Unfortunately at the moment it's not going anywhere (due to lack of time on my part). Another option would be to just upload them somewhere without any editing, what do people think of that option? To be honest this thing today has reminded me that something should be done with it all...
Shaun Micallef on radio, the complete (ish) eps: Shaun, Beverley and Denise
Latest ep: 10 May 06 (23 Oct 2011)
Micallef ephemera
Youtube
'I'll Explain Later'
hegartez
Commercial Crimestopper

Post by hegartez »

I guess another idea is to put them all up unedited and have a parallel edited folder so people like me could edit and up them so over time they'd all be done- albiet with varying sophistication!
YMV
Champagne Comedian

Post by YMV »

hegartez wrote:I guess another idea is to put them all up unedited and have a parallel edited folder so people like me could edit and up them so over time they'd all be done- albiet with varying sophistication!
That sounds good :) Think the varying sophistication would be in your favour!
Micallef ephemera
Youtube
'I'll Explain Later'
YMV
Champagne Comedian

Post by YMV »

Just had an email from Mediafire: I've two strikes against me, & may have my account forcibly closed... get what you can while you can!
Micallef ephemera
Youtube
'I'll Explain Later'
IFMON
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by IFMON »

Who would bother doing this? Smooth FM, which was Classic Rock, which disavowed all knowledge that there was ever such a station as Vega?
Apricot is a metal.
hegartez
Commercial Crimestopper

Post by hegartez »

And was there any other show that would have had "loneliest book in the library" as a segment - genius! It does seem barmy to be getting "stop and desist" at this stage- astonishing anyone would care enough to fill in a form or however one makes such a complaint...
Ontos
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by Ontos »

It could be UMC or the estate of Earl Scruggs for the illegal use of 'Foggy Mountain Breakdown'. From memory the music that Shaun plays from his records is not cut out.

We can host the files on Pure Humbug if needed.
and calling it policy!
tommy five-tone
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by tommy five-tone »

Oh crap, I don't think I have any of this (and not much time at the moment to manage a mass downloading either). So if the archive does manage to live on elsewhere, maybe a quiet note around these parts to let us know?
Bozonkomafeid
Muckraker

Post by Bozonkomafeid »

(2013-02-20) In a special investigative report Shaun goes undercover as a member of outlaw motorcycle gang The Bandidos. But his cover is blown when he uses the word "allegorical".

(2013-02-27) When Shaun's racist neighbour Mr. Grealy invites him over to eat some Japanese, Shaun doesn't know how to take it.

(2013-03-06) When Francis asks Shaun if he can change a word in one of the scripts, Shaun kills him.

(2013-03-13) A convention for people named 'Peter' goes horribly wrong when Shaun is mistakenly invited. And hydrochloric acid starts streaming from the sprinkler system.

(2013-03-20) Mongoose. Winter is closing in. It is not safe. Go into hibernation. Further instructions to follow. Cobra.

(2013-03-27) Yo! Join Kook and the Bambino tomorrow morning at 7am on 103.6 Smash FM for your chance to win $10 playing Puzzling Noise.

(2013-04-03) Voula, if you are watching this, I am so sorry babe. Please do not let the trust we have built up over the last two weeks go to waste just because I screwed another chick. Call me? Stav.

(2013-04-10) Winning numbers in Tatts' Everybody Wins Lotto Draw No. 001: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 and 40.

(2013-04-17) There's a vampire loose in Las Vegas. No one believes or wants to believe it's true. The police can't stop him, people are dying, no one's safe. How do you kill what's already dead?

(2013-04-24) Shaun Micallef is back and he's MADDER than HELL! We really should have changed the name but it'd cost us a fortune in letterheads and show graphics. Anyway, he's back and this time he knows what he's doing (slightly).