1992 Mysteries revealed.

Your favourite Late Show moments!

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

Steve
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by Steve »

As Santo explains in the pre-dialogue to Understanding Wogs and Uncle Alberto's house Season 1 Episode 5 that Uncle Alberto is not a true Uncle. His name according to credits of this episode is Zio Alberto.

BTW, I drive past Uncle Alberto's house here in Melbourne on a semi-regular basis. It is MAGNIFICENT! you can see the faux timber panelling from the street.
"Sturt was a good film... but it was no Strzelecki"

R.I.P. GTV-9 Bendigo Street, Richmond... A lifetime of memories behind those red brick walls.

Member #46
Damien Lasaration
Muckraker

again.

Post by Damien Lasaration »

Its like deja vu here, "Zio" is Italian for Uncle. I think Santo was just either piss farting about with us or just lazy here. Now that Bruce Mc Avaney and his "team" of TOOLS are commentating on the Winter Olymics there is nothing more purile than hearing an Australian call the location "Torino". Say the equivalent of "Turin". There is nothing more embarressing than seeing a dumb, cheesy grin on say Tom Williams and him in his Australian accent go ToRinO. Its not right. Sorry I just had to say that off my chest!
Yeah, Santo was not all there, tell us somthing we all dont know. He is a bit akin to the character of Brick Tamland from the movie: ANCHORMAN. Piss funny movie but that is who Santo is. Like remember the intro to their RHCP skit, the monologue he does with Mick. I mean the innocent shit he (Santo) comes out with. This is not a nasty attack here, so Tony Marten if you are ready this do not come and bollock me here! Its just somthing I have noticed. Santo has always been a "second banana" here. I like Santo but it just has to be said. Has anyone else noticed this as well?

The warm smell of doritos!

DL.
This is my signature.
Bean Is A Carrot
Champagne Comedian

Re: again.

Post by Bean Is A Carrot »

Damien Lasaration wrote:There is nothing more embarressing than seeing a dumb, cheesy grin on say Tom Williams and him in his Australian accent go ToRinO. Its not right. Sorry I just had to say that off my chest!
It could be worse, they could be trying to say Torino in an Italian accent!
Mason Hell-Cat
Champagne Comedian

Post by Mason Hell-Cat »

Or a cheesy Tongan accent....
"No holds barred....no beg your pardons..."

Loose talk: masonhellcat.wordpress.com
Foolish behaviour: youtube.com/user/MasonHellCat
Beer: hellcatsbeerblog.wordpress.com
and TV Dinner: masoandads.wordpress.com
mrtonymartin:
Hilarious 1986 ep of 'Backchat' with 'D-Generation' complaints: (starts at 1:30): http://tinyurl.com/3cfvrz8 (via @masonhellcat)
Damien Lasaration
Muckraker

1992 Theme song.

Was it done by James Brown? What was the name of that tune that was done as also in between segways between skits (THIS was before Austin Powers, another precedent!),

It went like this:

duh nah d d d., Hey yeah d d d d d,

Can anyone here help me out with this one?

DL.
This is my signature.
Bean Is A Carrot
Champagne Comedian

Post by Bean Is A Carrot »

The Late Show theme song is called Turn Me Loose I'm Doctor Feelgood by James Brown. It's on his album Gravity.
sleeping_pirate
Brilliant, Brilliant

Post by sleeping_pirate »

I saw him perform it live when he supported the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I didn't realise it was the same song until Ben sent me all the dvds a few months ago. Made me chuckle :lol:
~Punch a Lapplander and sellotape a rat to your knees~

Chika-Chow
Damien Lasaration
Muckraker

great!

Thanks for that, finally we will be able to crack the Late Show Code! Dan Brown if you are reading this, YOU ARE A NUMNUT! You make Russell Crowe "look" Smart and Nicole Kidman look talented and Keith Urban look like Kurt Cobain, wait he already looks like Kurt Cobain! Does that mean Nicole Kidman will end up looking like Courtney Love? Stay Tuned Bee Gee fans!

DL.
This is my signature.
ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

Post by ShitScared »

Bean Is A Carrot wrote:The Late Show theme song is called Turn Me Loose I'm Doctor Feelgood by James Brown. It's on his album Gravity.
That would make sense now because the DVD has a similar but not exactly the same song. They wouldn't have been able to use the James Brown version due to copyright distribution laws.