1992 Mysteries revealed.

Your favourite Late Show moments!

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

Damien Lasaration
Muckraker

1992 Mysteries revealed.

Post by Damien Lasaration »

I would like to set up these two threads. I have questions that need answering. I mean genuine shit that only the people like you can answer. They will be in threads that are respectivly in this (1992) and the other 1993, for those respective seasons. My first query is that I want to know if they did more Shit scareds in 1992 than in 1993? The shitscared phenominon came from 1992.

DL.
This is my signature.
Mason Hell-Cat
Champagne Comedian

Post by Mason Hell-Cat »

If someone does work this out, I think there should also be pie graphs accompanying all comparison of regular skits, skits that mention the word arse, skits that refer to a politician, etc.
"No holds barred....no beg your pardons..."

Loose talk: masonhellcat.wordpress.com
Foolish behaviour: youtube.com/user/MasonHellCat
Beer: hellcatsbeerblog.wordpress.com
and TV Dinner: masoandads.wordpress.com
mrtonymartin:
Hilarious 1986 ep of 'Backchat' with 'D-Generation' complaints: (starts at 1:30): http://tinyurl.com/3cfvrz8 (via @masonhellcat)
Steve
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by Steve »

Sorry no pie graphs but here is the answer....

Here we go...

There was 12 Shitscared's in Season 1 and 3 in Season 2, up until Episode 16. I have not completed the episode guides as yet, I have 4 to go. I'm tippin' there is 1 or 2 in these last 4 episodes of Season 2.

Goto http://www.tandarra.com/thelateshow/shitscared.htm
"Sturt was a good film... but it was no Strzelecki"

R.I.P. GTV-9 Bendigo Street, Richmond... A lifetime of memories behind those red brick walls.

Member #46
Mason Hell-Cat
Champagne Comedian

Post by Mason Hell-Cat »

Great work, Steve!
I knew there was more in season 1, but didn't know there was *that* many more....

I remember every week during season 2 I would have my hopes high for Shitscared.
"No holds barred....no beg your pardons..."

Loose talk: masonhellcat.wordpress.com
Foolish behaviour: youtube.com/user/MasonHellCat
Beer: hellcatsbeerblog.wordpress.com
and TV Dinner: masoandads.wordpress.com
mrtonymartin:
Hilarious 1986 ep of 'Backchat' with 'D-Generation' complaints: (starts at 1:30): http://tinyurl.com/3cfvrz8 (via @masonhellcat)
Damien Lasaration
Muckraker

Ah, A correction to be made Sir,

It should be "Nonno Cillauro". Saying thatits "Nonno Santo", means in Italian that its Grandpa Santo, if that be the his grandfather's name then I stand corrected. Nonno is Italian for grandfather. I should know, my mum is Italian.

DL.
This is my signature.
kim
Champagne Comedian

Post by kim »

Nonno is definitely grandfather. I know, because when I initially saw the credits I was running around going 'Santo's grandpa is called Nonno!' (As 16 year olds we had the hots for Santo who was 30 at the time which is the age I almost am now.) My Italian friend officially put me straight and thought it was the funniest thing she ever heard.

Um -- but where did anyone mention Nonno Santo? Is it on Steve's site?
Steve
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by Steve »

I'm assuming Damien is referring to the credits I have listed on my episode guide.

I have made a point of transcribing them *exactly* as the appeared.

If there is speeling errors or other erroers, I have no way to confirm otherwise.

There are a few discrepencies from week to week with the credits, but I *have not* taken the liberty in correcting them myself - it's not my place.

such discrepencies include changing from Upper to lower case, spacing, even the roman numerals format for the year.

** here's a definite error - look for this one - End credits on Season 2 Episode 1 look at the year in Roman Numerals...???

Nonno Santo may have been typed on the credits deliberately, then changed over the following weeks, or it may have been a mistake from the start.
"Sturt was a good film... but it was no Strzelecki"

R.I.P. GTV-9 Bendigo Street, Richmond... A lifetime of memories behind those red brick walls.

Member #46
Damien Lasaration
Muckraker

Santologic

Because Santo is from another part of Italy it may be due to dialec, his grandfather may be Santo or it may be a mistake. In the clip of John Farnham's "seemed like a good idea at the time", Santo is seen with Nonno interpreting to Mr Fahnham what Nonno is saying. Alot of discreptancies. His Italian has alot to be desired. For now its a case of we will never know. Santo if you are out there, please explain.

DL.
This is my signature.
kim
Champagne Comedian

Post by kim »

Maybe his uncle of 'genuine Onyx' fame could shed more light on this.
Damien Lasaration
Muckraker

This is a call.

Anyone else?

*does the motion to Cop Killer whilst humming Green door*

DL.
This is my signature.