Can we have quick reply please?

Got any suggestions for this website? Contributions you'd like to make? Please post any website-related messages here.

Moderator: ShitScared

BeerStud2
Sandhurst Mechanic

Can we have quick reply please?

Post by BeerStud2 »

Please....?
kim
Champagne Comedian

Post by kim »

I need to upgrade the forum to a later version and investigate whether this feature is even available. Unfortunately I'm quite limited to what I can do using this version. But when I get a spare moment, I will look into this and the other issue of mandatory registration.

A 'mod' to create quick reply has been deemed as vulnerable by the security company Secunia
(http://secunia.com/product/755/) but this alert is quite old. Nevertheless I'm still a little hesitant to include it unless it comes as standard on the latest version of phpBB2.
LSNut
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by LSNut »

Yeah personally dont care about quick reply.. but I reckon more important is forcing ppl to login now.. certaintly if they wanna do a Quick Reply..

Noticed there are lots of new members seem to be posting in recent month or two which is great !!! And most seem to be logging in properly which is good..

But hey if quick reply means people will post even more then thats good too..

Don't knock yourself out tho kimmoi ..!

(Sorry you'll have to hit me if I keep calling you that.. coming from huge KKnut as well).
Traction Jackson
kim
Champagne Comedian

Post by kim »

That's okoi LSNUt!
Steve
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by Steve »

The latest update version is 2.0.17 This should ease any concerns regarding security have you looked into it? or too busy I suppose :D
"Sturt was a good film... but it was no Strzelecki"

R.I.P. GTV-9 Bendigo Street, Richmond... A lifetime of memories behind those red brick walls.

Member #46
kim
Champagne Comedian

Post by kim »

Am busy this weekend, but will definitely look into it. Thing is, I keep thinking how my version is so old that there is a coolness about its antiquity :) I think that's just me.
Steve
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by Steve »

I run another phpbb forum for another interest group I am involved in and have been involved in phpbb programming for some time. The new version will not change the "look" of the forum, it mainly fixes security issues. There are some great templates or themes around for free for phpbb :lol:
"Sturt was a good film... but it was no Strzelecki"

R.I.P. GTV-9 Bendigo Street, Richmond... A lifetime of memories behind those red brick walls.

Member #46