Thanks everyone for visiting ChampagneComedy.com – a site dedicated to… well, you already know.
A quick round-up on what’s happening next year:
- Have You Been Paying Attention? returns on Channel 10 in 2020 for a record eighth season. It will surpass The Panel as the longest TV show Working Dog has produced (seven seasons), but HYBPA? will take a while to match the 237 episodes that The Panel churned out. HYBPA? is only up to 179 episodes.
- Tony Martin’s SIZZLETOWN has completed a second season, but is taking an indefinite hiatus. Stay subscribed to it because Tony did mention a random special episode may appear from time to time. iTunes | Podbean.
- Utopia – the ABC comedy based on the fictional government organisation Nation Building Authority, enjoyed a successful fourth season. No word on if there will be a fifth season, but you can purchase the entire series on DVD and iTunes.
- The Front Bar enjoyed a successful year, with Mick Molloy at helm with Sam Pang and Andy Maher. Even with Santo Cilauro occasionally appearing, the AFL based show returned to the screens to cover the start of the cricket season. You can catch the cricket edition here on 7Plus. The Front Bar will return in 2020.
- Kennedy/Molloy with Jane Kennedy and Mick Molloy driving you home on the Triple M radio network returns in 2020. Check your local Triple M radio station for broadcast times. Download and listen here.
- Santo, Sam and Ed – covering everything soccer / football are still churning out the podcasts – either as a standalone, or through the ABC. The recent coverage has been through ABC Radio as 2 on 1, which you can listen here. Stay subscribed to their feed as they may randomly appear again in 2020 in a different form.
- Hughesy & Ed – for Ed Kavalee fans, Ed has permanently stepped in for Kate Langbroek, with Hughesy & Kate changing to Ed on the Hit Network for the drive home (against sister show Kennedy/Molloy) for 2020. Check your local Hit Network station for times.
- Five In A Row – 2019 marked 30 years since The D-Generation released the Australian music tribute track, reaching Number 12 on the ARIA charts. 2020 will mark 30 years since the pissweak follow-up – Five More In A Row – came out for a cash grab.
- The Bachelorette – Judith Lucy is still not a Bachelorette 2020 contestant, despite the Change.org petition nearly hitting 20,000 signatures. Boo…
Most importantly, thank you for coming to visit this site, eating up our bandwidth, and interacting with us on our Twitter and Facebook pages. While we do our best to post most news here, we’re active on socials more than anything. So best to keep this site bookmarked and follow on the social media accounts!
Also, we sneakily updated the episode guide for The Late Show. So if you’re after a sketch and what episode it was from, you can check it here. Note: We cannot supply any video as we do not have the rights to distribute.
Have a fantastic break, and see you next decade!
30 years since ‘Five In A Row.’ This was included on The Satanic Sketches album.The less successful follow-up was included on the 1990 D-Generation album, The Breakfast Tapes.